Skip to main content

Coffee

 Ahh my love affair for coffee runs deep. It seems a part of me in every way. Is there truly a moment in the day where coffee should not be in it. Well yes, but that doesn’t mean I won’t be drinking coffee too close to bedtime... or cheating on diets and sneaking cups and iced lattes here and there.

Because coffee is in my blood, my mothers side of the family is from Colombia and a grandpa somewhere down the line was an owner of a coffee farm. My grandma would tell me stories of Colombian coffee and all it’s magic created in the rich mountain soil. I grew up drinking it for every occasion and it got me through school. The days I didn’t drink coffee back then are days that where grouchy and groggy. 

Highschool is over thankfully, and my need for a daily boost is less. While I still dream of coffee every time I leaf through a book or take a crisp morning walk. I have learned to try and depend more on my own inner happiness to perk me up. 

It’s a work in progress but I am proud of the effort I have put into seeing what a couple weeks or a couple days at a time without coffee show me.

That I am more than the luxurious bean, that I am me. The real me without a coffee mask, which by the way isn’t the worst mask you can wear in 2020. 

Comments